Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Borders Girl

Yesterday, I was making a purchase at Border's Books. While waiting in the check-out line, the cashier asked me if I wanted a Border's Card (I guess for frequent customers). I replied, "No thank you, I'm illiterate." She gave no response. Apparently she wasn't amused by my dumb joke. Sometimes when I say something that I find oddly humorous in my own mind, and those present don't share my sentiment, it makes me struggle all the more not to laugh. I began to wonder if the cashier thought I was some kind of weirdo or something. So I began to laugh even harder, yet nobody else was around, so I began to look even crazier. And then it just snowballed. Do these things only happen to me?

2 comments:

Eric said...

I think they happen to Jenn too!

Patrick said...

I think there are a select few that these things happen to. The great part for me is that I can share in your joy as you retell the story. Thanks!