Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baptism


A few months ago, I saw that our church (Conway Alliance Church) had a "Baptism Sunday" scheduled for April. I came to believe in and trust in Christ way back in the mid to late 90s, and I always had it in my heart to be baptized. As a youth intern at a church in Harmony, Zelienople, I had actually seen a student who I was mentoring get baptized in a pool! I always believed in my heart that I wanted the same for myself. My church does full immersion baptism. There was a time this was done in the nude. (never in my church!, but various times in history!)
So, this Sunday, along with four students from my church, I took part in the sacrament of baptism. I was quite nervous beforehand, and I'm not sure why. It was such an amazing experience for me. It has been so evident in my life how much the Savior truly loves me (when I have been often unlovable). An elder from my church named Rich along with my Pastor and long-time friend and mentor Rich Grassel baptized me. The day was truly blessed. I was truly blessed to have so many that I truly loved be there to witness. And I couldn't think of a better group of students to make this proclamation with me than those present that day. I love you all!

1 comment:

BK said...

Congrats on the baptism Big Ron!
Outward sign of the inward reality.